Top 10 Favorites of 2012
10. Rainbow Kit-this was made for a swap with a great group of ladies on scrapbook.com.
I handmade the 3 decorated sheets of cardstock, the 4 rainbow flourishes, the 5 bottle caps, and the "Dreams really do come true." tag. The paper all the way to the left was handmade using an ink resist embossing technique I was introduced to from this blog. The second and third papers from the left
were made using Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. The flourishes were made using the technique found here. The bottle caps were made using store bought bottle caps by Bottle Caps, Inc. and 1 inch epoxy dots to cover the paper. I love rainbow and had too much fun making this kit!
9. this is some Good STUFF-A layout I made of my ex-girlfriend Kayla's niece Tera. I did some maternity shots for her in July 2012 and scrapped a few.
8. aubrey lea-A layout of my ex-girlfriend's niece Tera's baby. I made this for the baby's baptism.It is very simple, but I really loved the picture and wanted that to be the focus.
7. FRIENDS-A layout of my ex-girlfriend's niece's wedding. I was working on a wedding scrap book as a wedding gift.
I used the Scrap by Color tool on scrapbook.com to choose the color combo.
6. you're absolutely perfect-A layout of my ex-girlfriend's cousin's twins, Kourtlynn and Kinzie.
This layout is based on this sketch by Beggahuna.
5. memories-A layout of Kayla at The Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. on February 15, 2012.
4. BABY-Another layout of Kayla's niece, Tera's, maternity pictures.
3. birth|day|fun-A layout of my baby boy, Aslan's, 6th birthday.
The tutorial for the chipboard letters "birth" I found here. I used patterned paper instead of newspaper, but the pp is harder to work with because of the thickness. It does not conform to the shape of the letters as easily.
The flower in the top right corner is my creation--no tutorial for it yet, but check out my blog in a few weeks and there should be one up then!
2. the RINGS-A layout of Tera and Jay's wedding in Pensacola Beach, FL in June 2012.
This layout is based on a sketch from Victoria Warren-Mears which can be found here.
1. Mardi Gras-This is a layout of Kayla and I at a Mardi Gras parade in Houma, LA in 2011.
The border on the left was made using the resist embossing technique which is explained in this tutorial.
I made the mask based on one I received in a swap.
I also used beads I actually caught at the parade.
Thanks for checking me out!